SERVICES & PRICING
Saline Pigment Lightening is a natural option for those with old permanent makeup that do not wish to pursue laser tattoo removal. Results vary from person to person. Several sessions are typically required & no specific results can be guaranteed. This option is great for those that would like to lighten the pigment enough in the skin to do a color correction and rework the old permanent cosmetic tattoo into a more flattering & modern shape and color.
Product that would be used: Li-FT Pigment Lightening Solution. Li-FT is a non-acid, high concentrate, saline based solution.
Salt/Saline Removal works on the theory of Osmosis.
Introducing a high concentration of salt water to the dermis where the pigment is, creates the process of Osmosis.
Water in the cells beneath the pigment contain lower amounts of salt and water will rise to the area containing higher concentrations of sale (equalization)
Equalization forces the pigment from the dermal layer up to the epidermis by Osmotic pressure. This is a natural process to become equal to the higher concentration of salt and water.
The pigment becomes trapped in the scab and when the scab falls off some of the pigment goes with it. Some of the released pigment particles may also be carried into the lymph and carried out of the body
As with every other form of removal there are risks of scarring and hypo or hyper pigmentation. (more common in darker skin tones)
How many sessions needed depends on many different variables:
- Type of pigment being removed. The type of ink was used in the brow tattoo can depend on how successful or how timely the removal will be.
- How many layers deep it is in the skin.
- How saturated the pigment is.
- The clients own skin and healing process.
- The clients aftercare regimen and how well it is followed.
- How much pigment needs to be removed.
- Thinner skin will remove faster.
- Oily skin may take more sessions of removal than dry skin.
The wait time in between removal sessions will be 8 weeks minimum so that skin has adequate time to heal.
You are NOT a good candidate for microblading if any of the following apply:
Pregnant or nursing
Skin irritations on the brow area like sunburn, psoriasis, severe acne
Chemotherapy patients ( will need a note from your physician )
Major heart problems / taking blood thinners
Botox in the last two weeks
Previous permanent brow tattoo
Infections / disorders / diseases that could impact healing
Accutane within the last year.
One session of Saline Pigment Removal - $300/session
Multiple sessions are typically needed to achieve desired results.
The skin is numbed with a topical lidocaine.
The Li-FT solution is implanted into the skin using cosmetic tattoo techniques and tools.
Li-FT solution soaks for 10 minutes on the area of removal to allow the process of osmosis to occur.
The solution is then gently removed and the skin is cleaned with a Tea Tree toner.
Preparation is key for the best results. Follow the steps below for the best results, including before all touch ups.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Aspirin, or Ibuprofen for 24 hours before the procedure.
Do not work out the day of your appointment.
Because Botox can alter the position of your brows, it should be performed at minimum 2 weeks before your appointment.
Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
Discontinue Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior to your treatment.
Thoroughly read all the forms given to you at the time of your appointment and ask any questions you may have.
Be sure to advise of any allergies, medical conditions, prior permanent eye brow makeup and prescriptions you take prior to your appointment.
It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully.
1. KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
2. CLEAN BY BLOTTING AREA with saline 3 to 4 times a day using a paper towel or gauze. NO ICE.
3. DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. It is best to keep it dry but if you do get it wet gently pat dry.
4. NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TOBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
6. TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUES OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
7. ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions
Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal.
Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
Please be aware that the healed result of the procedure is dependent on the following: medication and health conditions, skin conditions (ie oily and pored skin, sensitive dry and flaky skin, sun damaged skin, loose skin, natural skin undertones), alcohol intake and smoking, general stress, immune system, poor diet, and how well you follow the aftercare instructions.
Your tattoo should heal within two weeks, depending on the person. With this in mind, you should understand that YOUR skin may heal quicker or slower. Some tattoos require a lot more work to be done in the skin. The more damage your skin receives, the longer it may need to heal. Be open to the possibility of your skin needing a 3rd touch up dependent on these factors.